Online Learning at the University of Bridgeport
The University of Bridgeport has a long-standing tradition of providing quality online and hybrid programs for the last two decades. In 1997, we launched our first online master’s degree in Human Nutrition. This program, as well as our newest additions, show the University’s strong commitment to meeting the needs of our diverse undergraduate and graduate student population – including those who have a desire to learn online.
As a department, we are committed to expanding, improving and supporting the online learning experience at the University of Bridgeport. We take a holistic approach to online learning, working with both the faculty to develop and enrich online courses and the students to provide personalized, one-on-one academic advisement and support for Canvas, the University’s learning management system.
Academic Technology coordinates and supports all technology used for teaching and learning at UB.
- Provide the platforms that enhance the educational experience in all learning environments, including campus, hybrid, and online courses
- Help faculty to enrich their courses through the use of appropriate technology and pedagogical best practices
- Assist students in utilizing the technology necessary to be successful learners
- Support the use of technology through training, tutorials, and outreach
- Provide insight on emerging technologies and encourages innovation in teaching and learning
Instructional Design develops faculty training and provides curricular assistance for online program faculty and administration.
- Establish and assist in maintaining university online course design standards
- Provide online training to empower faculty in creating courses in Canvas
- Work with administration and Provost’s office to audit, track, and maintain online standards
- Collaborate with administration and faculty to align the online program curriculum
- Assist in the development of new online programs and onboarding of faculty
- Conduct analysis of online program and faculty needs
Student Advising and Support
Student Advising and Support assists online students in reaching their academic and professional goals at the University of Bridgeport.
- Provide personalized student support
- Empower students in their chosen programs of study by educating them on academic resources, career development and university services
- Collaborate with the UB community to ensure student success
- Advocate for our online students
- Amend systems and processes to create a more seamless online student experience
- Advance initiatives for online student retention