Online Learning at the University of Bridgeport
The University of Bridgeport has a long-standing tradition of providing quality online and hybrid programs for the last two decades. In 1997, we launched our first online master’s degree in Human Nutrition. This program, as well as our newest additions, show the University’s strong commitment to meeting the needs of our diverse undergraduate and graduate student population – including those who have a desire to learn online.
As a department, UB Online promotes excellence in online learning at the University of Bridgeport by supporting online students and faculty, and assisting in overall program development. UB Online combines instructional design and student advising to create a personalized and supportive learning environment. Instructional design develops faculty training and assists academic departments with curricular and course design while student advising assists students in reaching their academic goals at the University.
Instructional Design develops faculty training and provides curricular assistance for online program faculty and administration.
- Works collaboratively with academic departments and the UB community to onboard new programs and assists in their design and development
- Audits, tracks, and assists in maintaining online standards to ensure optimal learning conditions through the UB Online Experience
- Collaborates with academic departments to align the online program curriculum
- Creates online training and supporting documentation to be used by support services
- Advises and assists faculty in the continuous improvement of online courses
Student Advising and Support
Student Advising and Support assists online students in reaching their academic and professional goals at the University of Bridgeport.
- Works collaboratively with academic departments and the UB community to onboard new programs and to ensure ongoing student success
- Provides personalized student support from acceptance to graduation
- Empowers students in their chosen programs of study by educating them on academic resources, career development and university services
- Amends systems and processes to create a more seamless online student experience
- Manages communications including the new online program website and student outreach